Hollow Fiber Membrane Technology
Prime water produces a super-efficient hollow fiber membrane, which has a high affinity for water and only needs low pressure to start the filtration process. Available in micro and ultra filtration versions, it delivers high flow rates at a low pressure gradient, with low energy consumption as an added benefit.
The Prime water capillary (hollow fiber) membranes have following properties:
- Asymmetric micro porous structure.
- 1 mm OD, with smooth inside surface.
- Low pressure drops, ensuring high flow rates.
- Very consistent pore sizes:
- micro-filtration 0.2 µm (micron max)
- ultra-filtration 0.025 µm (micron max)
- High porosity (85 %).
- Permanently hydrophilic
- Pressure resistant up to 8 Bar = 118 PSI.
- Heat resistant up to 120°C (248°F) if applied in a polysulfone housing.