Prime water uses a super-efficient hollow fiber membrane, which has a high affinity for water by virtue of a unique blend of polymeric and mineral components and only needs low pressure to start the filtration process. Available in micro and ultra filtration versions, it delivers high flow rates at a low pressure gradient, with low energy consumption as an added benefit.
The Prime water capillary (hollow fiber) membranes have following properties:
- Asymmetric micro porous structure.
- 1 mm OD, with smooth inside surface.
- Low pressure drops, ensuring high flow rates.
- Very consistent pore sizes:
- micro-filtration 0.1 - 0.15 µm (micron max)
- ultra-filtration 0.01 - 0.025 µm (micron max)
- High porosity (85 %).
- Permanently hydrophilic with inert surface characteristics, preventing particles adsorbing to the surface, which facilitates cleaning.
- Pressure resistant up to 8 Bar = 118 PSI.
- Heat resistant up to 120°C (248°F) if applied in a polysulfone housing.